Conical Mixers, Helix Mixers
AVA conical mixers are capable of processing a wide variety of product consistencies and are ideally suited to almost any mixing operation. The rotating helix conveys the product upwards, along the vessel side wall. From here, it drops down into the center and thus once again joins the mixing process. Horizontally arranged connection bridges provide additional cross mixing. This results in greatly reduced mixing times compared to other systems. Depending on the agitator rotation speed and design, gentle folding or intensive mixing can be carried out. The bearing of the self-centering helix is mounted outside of the mixing chamber. AVA conical mixers are ideally suited to processes where high purity and effective cleaning are required. The vessel shape also supports quick and optimal discharge. To realize an optimal design height, angle and amount of the conical part can be adjusted to the application.
Numerous delivered systems and in-depth industry know-how underscore the reliability and durability of AVA conical mixers.
AVA conical mixers are in operation across all industries. Depending on your application, they process dry or wet, free-flowing, or sticky products. In the food sector, the gentle production of spice blends is a classic application. In the pharmaceutical industry, AVA helix mixers are used for the production of APIs, while the production of cellulose is the most common application in the chemical industry. The conical mixers are perfectly suited to nearly any mixing task, and the heated version can also be used as a drying mixer, reactor, or evaporator.
- Mixing times from two to several minutes, depending on the product
- Short discharge times and optimal residual removal
- Easy access to all parts that contact the product
- Consistently reproducible product quality
- Particularly gentle mixing
- Materials: high-carbon steels through to high-quality stainless steels such as Hastelloy
- Extremely easy cleaning
- Drive and bearings outside of mixing chamber, therefore no risk of product contamination due to lubricants, amongst others
- Sealing external to mixed/dried product, thus very low maintenance costs
- High failure resistance and low operating costs compared to conical screw mixers
Our machines and plants are designed according to the process conditions of our customers. At AVA we offer various configurations with a large range of add-ons in order to meet the diverse requirements of the industry.
- Design with single or double helix or as central tube screw
- GMP and CIP designs, FDA, EHEDG, and HACCP compliant
- Automatable and certifiable CIP cleaning of the closed machine
- Shaft seal systems variants: stuffing box and shaft seal rings, maintenance-free special lip ring seals, mechanical seals
- Application of blade head/agglomerate crushers and product-specific blade head variants
- Product discharge via slide gate, ball segment valves, or ball valve
- Installation of samplers, temperature probes, and other equipment
- Equipped with lifting column for facilitating filling and emptying in tight spaces as well as maintenance and inspection work
- Clean room installations
Depending on the status of your current production process, we can help you to varying extents with our progressive AVA conical mixers. We quickly and seamlessly integrate the AVA conical mixer with your existing plants under consideration of existing structural constraints. Similarly, if you are operating conical mixers based on the outdated conical screw principle, these can be converted to our modern helix system. In addition, AVA can provide you with complete plants that include the periphery around the core units – all from a single source. Let yourself be impressed by the quality of AVA technology and the expertise of the AVA team.
Our AVA test center provides a wide range of machines (horizontal and vertical mixers, horizontal and vertical drying mixers, laboratory mixers, and ring layer mixers) in various sizes, allowing you to carry out scale-up tests. Be it horizontal or vertical, we have extensive expertise in the design of both types. So simply pick the technology that yielded the best results, and we will deliver.